Satya's blog

Friday, September 09, 2011

Tips on Handling a Problem Team Member on your Project


Oh, there is a problem all right. And it starts with the fact that you have a boss, peer, or project team member who is in complete denial about the chaos all around them. If they do see any issues, well, those issues start with you. This is not meant to be spiteful. This is the behavior of someone who is completely oblivious to the fact that they cause problems. If they do have any inkling that there is an issue, then they have a perfect excuse. Do any of these sound familiar?
  • "I didn't call you back because you never left me a message."
  • "I didn't forget our meeting; my admin did not put it on my calendar."
  • "My office may look messy, but leave it alone. I have a system and I know where everything's located."
What kinds of chaos surround this person? Their chaos can be lack of organization, time related or memory related. The chaos created by this person looks like chaos created by creative types or even by someone who deceives others into thinking they're organized. The key here is that they absolutely can't seem to own their issue. They really don't see a problem with how they're performing.

Tips on Handling a Problem Team Member on your Project...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home